Alternative Energy Sources
for Your Home
Are you searching for alternative energy sources for your home? Are you frustrated at the lack of relevant information to compare concepts and products?
We understand and can relate to that frustration, I started the process about three years ago to implement the best energy sources in my new house plans.
The process was challenging and time consuming, information was scattered and it was difficult to find which technologies could work together efficiently to provide the most energy for a reasonable cost.
Energy resources are becoming limited in many areas of the country and the unpredictable rise in energy costs has many of us considering alternatives for our home energy needs.
This site was created to help homeowners through the process of choosing affordable alternative energy sources that fit your needs, budget and location. In sharing my own experience and providing a comprehensive overview of:
- what technology is available – solar, wind, geothermal
- how to narrow the choices of which type benefits you most
- what questions to ask before you build or remodel
- what to consider for your personal situation
- how to get started to saving money on energy cost
- how much money can be saved
Therefore, saving you hundreds of hours of research and frustration to quickly evaluate alternative energy sources for your home.
Not Business as Usual
There has been an ongoing discussion about the need for developing alternative energy sources. Now that many of us are interested in the “green trend” we are seeing a change in the types of products available to us. This is proof that what we purchase for our homes has an affect on the products that become available and are more affordable to us.
Because of increasing interest by homeowners, solar technology has become far more attainable to the average homeowner and the variety of options have grown.
Small wind turbines are available for homes in more areas because the improvements in technology allow turbines to be productive at lower wind speeds, currently as low as 7-10 miles per hour with additional improvements expected and sleeker designs.
Geothermal heat pumps are an option for nearly everyone and have a long history of saving energy cost. Did you know that a heat pump supplies heat, air conditioning and hot water? Only you and your energy company will know you have this technology, and your neighbors will be envious of your energy bills.
Governments around the world are offering incentives to homeowners who switch to alternative energy making the cost more affordable while increasing your return on investment and the value of your home.
Starting A New Lifestyle
Your first step is to understand what is, “alternative energy sources”?
Alternative energy is that which supplies energy without depleting non-renewable environmental energy supplies. Oil and gas are non-renewable resources, whereas the wind, sun and geothermal energy supplies are renewable. Renewable means that its use does not permanently deplete its existence.
Other Reasons to Use Renewable Energy
- Reduces negative impact on the environment
- Cleaner production methods
- No harmful by-products or pollutants
- Promotes a clean atmosphere
- Unlimited supplies
- Smaller utility bills
- Energy independence
Emerging new energy technologies will make the use of alternative energy sources more affordable and convenient for the masses.
A Delicate Balance
Oil prices have had a major impact on the world economy this was evident in the 80’s and even more significant now. The interesting fact is that oil supplies are expected to run out in less than fifty years from now unless major new sources are located.
The solution to the problem lies in alternative energy sources. The transition will take time, because we have a fossil fuel dependent society. Older homes are built based on fossil fuels, as are businesses, transportation systems, and the list goes on. But change can only occur when action takes place. The goal of using alternative energy sources is to strike a balance between the energy needs with the need to protect natural resources for future generations.
We hope you find our site helpful in evaluating your options to meet your energy needs.
Other Information to help you learn more about Alternative Energy Sources for your home...
- Alternative Energy Sources
- Read about alternative energy sources to learn more about how you can enhance the sustainability of your home.
- Alternative Energy
- The need for a variety of alternative energy sources is becoming an environmental imperative.
- Solar Energy
- Solar energy is produced for a number of reasons and its use is expected to expand as an alternative power source.
- Wind Energy
- Wind energy is one of the primary alternative sources of energy being considered for future energy production.
- Geothermal Energy
- Geothermal energy is created by releasing naturally formed steam and hot water and by using the stable ground temperature.
- Living Off the Grid
- Living off the grid is a term used to describe people who install alternative energy sources and don’t tie in to the traditional electrical power plants.
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Renewable energy resources include private and government information to help people take advantage of the opportunities.
- Home Energy Audit
- Home energy audit, who does it, what to expect, questions to ask.
- Green Building
- What is green building and a review and impact of the non-green products and methods we have been using.
- privacy and disclaimer policies
- Off the Grid Newsletter
- Check out the Off the Grid Newsletter to learn about living an alternative energy based life.
- Affordable Alternative Energy Blog
- Affordable Alternative Energy Blog
- Site Map | Affordable Alternative Energy
- Site Map for the "Affordable Alternative Energy" website.
- Contact Affordable Alternative Energy
- Contact affordable alternative energy to learn more about using renewable energy.
- Stock Market Shift Attributed to Green Investment
- Stock Market Shift attributed to green investment, companies investing in green technology and boosting their stock